Ši programa skirta RSS naujienoms prenumeruoti ir skaityti. Iš visų portalų ir tinklaraščių visos naujausios žinios suplauks į vieną programos langą. Kad nesusipainiotume, programoje patogu prenumeruojamas naujienas skirstyti į kategorijas.
RSSOwl is a RSS / RDF / Atom newsreader written in Java using SWT as graphic library. With RSSOwl it is possible to read all RSS versions (includes RDF).
RSS („Really Simple Syndication“ or „Rich Site Summary“) is a document specification that gives users the power to collect and organize Web-based news and information in a more efficient manner.
Applications that collect data from RSS-compliant sites are called RSS readers or „aggregators“. RSSOwl is such an application. It lets you gather, organize, update, and store information from any compliant source in a convenient, easy to use interface, save selected information in various formats for offline viewing and sharing, and much more.
RSSOwl is also free, fast, cross-platform, and unobtrusive. It’s easy to install, easy to use, and easy to move.
Why „Owl“? The owl is a traditional symbol of wisdom, and a quiet, efficient hunter. You’ll find RSSOwl’s „big eyes“ a big help when scanning the Web’s vast array of RSS resources.
Here are some key features of „RSSOwl“:
· High performance and native Look and Feel that uses the operation-system GUI theme
· Great platform support: Use RSSOwl on Windows, Linux (32 and 64 Bit), Mac and Solaris
· Import / Export newsfeeds with OPML (Outline Processor Markup Language)
· Generate PDF / RTF / HTML documents from any news including aggregations
· Use drag and drop to manage your favorites in unlimited nested categories
· Powerfull Newsfeed searchengine working with keywords
· Powerfull searchengine to discover newsfeeds on any website
· Integrated Newsfeed validator
· Newsfeeds are automatically stored in an archive to read them while being offline
· Minimize RSSOwl to system tray and get informed when new news are available
· Perform a fulltext-search with result-highlight on favorites and categories
· RSSOwl is highly customizable (set Fonts, Hotkeys, Language, customize Toolbar)
· Display news in the internal browser (IE, Mozilla and Safari supported)
· More than two-hundred sample feeds in 33 categories already included
· RSSOwl is translated into 31 languages including English, Russian, Chinese, German and much more
· Java Runtime
What’s New in This Release:
Stability, Scalability and Performance:
· Likely fixed the reason for 90% of all critical profile crashes
· Support for large profile DB sizes of more than 2 GB thereby unlimited number of feeds
· New wizard that helps solve any startup crash situation automatically repair broken search index automatically restore a backup
· Improved and more reliable backup strategy
· Newspaper and Headlines layout scale to hundreds of news with new pagination support
· Much reduced memory footprint when using feeds with filters
· Much improved performance when marking read news in folders, bins or saved searches
Google Reader Synchronization:
· RSSOwl now synchronizes the news state, labels and star state between your Google Reader account and RSSOwl
· Use the import wizard (File | Import | Synchronize with Google Reader) to enable synchronization per feed
· Use clean up (Tools | Clean Up) to get rid of no longer subscribed feeds
· Note: A star in google reader maps to the sticky state in RSSOwl
Atsisiųsti 3.8 MB / Windows OS